This is Anna M. Brown. She was born on April 1, 1842 to the late William and Letsa (Davidson) Brown. William Brown was the son of Joseph Brown and grandson of a Revolutionary soldier, Ensign Joseph Brown, from Connecticut. William Brown was born in Virginia in 1800. It says in the 1877 History of Lawrence County that,
“Joseph Brown came with the Parks [from Berkeley County, Virginia] and settled with them at Parkstown, but afterwards removed to Mahoning township, and rented the old Ashton farm about 1816-17. He stayed on the Ashton farm a while and then
removed to the Martin farm, on the north side of the river, where he lived four or five years, and again removed to the farm in Pulaski township, now owned by Messrs. Miller and Peyton. He finally came back to Mahoning Township and located on the farm where his son William now lives.
In 1819 William Brown began learning the mason’s trade with Joshua Chenowith, at Parkstown. In 1823 he went to Cumberland County and commenced business for himself. On his birthday, in the year 1832 he was married in Cumberland County to Miss Letsa Davidson. She was the daughter of Elder George Davidson, of Mount Rock Spring. Mr. D. was elder of the Presbyterian Church at Carlisle for some thirty years. After Mr. Brown was married he came back to Lawrence County, and located where he now lives. The farm originally contained three hundred and seventy-five acres, and Mr. B. now owns two hundred and fifty. He has held numerous township offices.”
Anna married George Hunt on February 12, 1867. George was born on November 30, 1833. Together they had three children, with only one growing to adulthood. George died on October 27, 1895 and Anna had died on September 7, 1933 Her family was one of the first settlers who came to Western Pennsylvania and helped Lawrence County become a county.